61-63 Great Eastern Street, EC2A 4RH - Main Contractor: Vascroft
Site: 61 – 63 Great Eastern Street
Client: Vascroft Contractors Ltd.
Duration of works: 50 Weeks
Project type: Commercial development – Hotel
Contract value: £3,700,000
- Central London location on a busy commercial street – Traffic management and strategic planning of deliveries etc.
- Retained facade with temporary works restricting slew on crane and height restrictions working below suspended party wall.
- Confined space and restricted working heights with double layer of temporary props installed.
- Building constructed to the extents of the site boundary therefore minimal space to store materials, plant etc.
- Bulk dig to site boundary presented a challenging operation with the use of super long reach excavator and a clamshell telescopic excavator. A loading platform was constructed and utilised for the removal of the final 200 loads.
Scope of works
Bulk dig double basement excavation (12m BLGL, 1000m2 footprint)
Sequential installation (and removal) of double layer RHS props, RSJ whalers and Concrete trust blocks.
Underpinning at basement story of five stories retained facade in conjunction with an install of cantilever capping beam.
Installation of 6 no. sumps and associated drainage for foul, storm and delta drainage.
RC works in Pudlo watertight concrete to install Lower basement, Mezzanine, Lower ground floor, Ground floor slab.
RC Frame construction of 5 no. stories with roof slab.